Sunday, August 21, 2011

Ompriya

To one of my CUTEST Friends. . .


I always had this belief that birthdays are the days where one should have the greatest parties and the most precious presents. The days when one should look and feel the most beautiful or the most handsome person in the world. The days when one should wear the cutest and the most stylish outfits. But over the years I realized, it’s just not that. The best ones actually are the ones spent with the ones who love you and whom you love.


And here I am today to pen down my story with one of the most special persons(whos b’day it is today) in my life! Its you ompriya!


EARLIER: Ompriya, my school buddy she is. Blend of “charm and cuteness”, “style and simplicity”, “dimples and twinkles”, “curves and long hair”. Over the years in school and tuitions we never talked much nor did we hangout together. When she left for her further studies to Australia, I wasn’t even aware.


*


DECEMBER 2010: Then surprisingly she bumped into my life back on nikita’s b’day a year back. She was as warm as ever and we had great fun while planning a surprise for nikita. Inspite of having the greatest times together on that day, we did not remain in touch. Since maybe we were so busy wid pleasing the “Mr. X” in our lives.


*


MAY 2011: My friend needed one more model for the NIFT ramp show. A name popped up in my mind and I rushed to my cell phone to speed dial the number unhesitatingly. Ompriya it was. Shyly she tried all the lovely garments on reaching the venue and posed elegantly for those final shots. The tiring rehearsals began the same day where we are taught to walk on that narrow platform extending to the auditorium in those high heels for hours. Both of us, the food deprived among several other similar models savored the chilled chocolate milk at the cafeteria. A conversation clicked and we became friends like never before.


*


JUNE 2011: I realized its just two months I have to have the maddest times with her and listed down the movies I want to catch with her, the places I wish to explore (e.g. Thol), the malls I wish to shop, and the coffee shops I wish to enjoy my mocha chillos on those rainy evenings. The execution began then. . .


*


TWO MONTHS DOWN THE LINE: I am trying to describe the times I spent with her before her birthday so that no matter where she’d be in the coming years, she can still read it and recall all the greatest times she had wid one of her un-biological sisters.


Ompriya I jus wanted to let you know that you are amazing! It’s only been three months we got into touch but it seems like its been a lifetime. I’d never really thought I’d get to know you so well. I would want to thank you for every little thing you’d done for me, for always being there no matter what time or what distance or difference, for being there by my side when times got a little rough, for trusting me, listening to me, having faith in me help me regain my faith in myself back. I love you a lot sweetie.


Ompriya, I realize you are that kinda cute girl

  • Who’d not comfort you when somebody rejects you, but would go upto him and ask, “It’s because you are Gay, aint it?”

  • Who’d not console you saying things like “it’s okay shit happens” when you’ll cry, but would rather tell you to laugh at the “LOSER ass****” responsible for those precious tears.

  • Who’d not leave you behind if that’s what the crowd is doing, but would kick the crowd’s butt for doing so.
  • Who’d not just tell you that she understands how you feel, but would sit with you and cry along.

  • Who’d not just help you find a prince for yourself, but would actually kidnap the man you love and bring him to you.

  • Who’d not sit at the side of the pool with you but throw a tampon and push you in out of mischief.

  • Who’d not offer you the umbrella when it rains, but would yell “Run b**** Run!”

Sweets, your name is my definition of a best friend. Have the most beautiful birthday and celebrate it in the most wonderful manner.


*HAPPY BIRTHDAY*


Loadsa lowe angel,

bhakti

2 comments:

Smit Modh said...

lovely, very beautiful description...

Syed Abad said...

Heart touching thoughts as well as its a fact of life. From early age We have been told that we all are same but still we are in the barrier of caste...may be its good for life but our heart has no control over love.

Post a Comment