Saturday, June 25, 2011

The Backless - Part 1

It was 12 am. I came out of my room and walk downstairs to get some water from kitchen. As I headed near, I could see the lights were turned on. I saw my twenty year old sister propped on the wall with this really huge slice of chocolate cake which had almost submerged in the chocolate sauce she must have poured over it. I must have been staring for quite long at her, as , reading my expressions she said,


“i’d heated the cake and put some chilled chocolate sauce over it. Try it. It tastes super..”


I was nauseated at this idea of so much chocolate at one go and turned away saying, “no thanks” Opening the fridge, pouring some water in the glass I asked, “So your partys over??” I knew she had just arrived back from her college party as she was wearing her party outfit. It was a plain red, backless one piece that reached her mid thighs. Her messed up hair was tied up in a pony tail that was strategically resting on her collar bone so that it would not keep her naked back from showing. Why was she so keen on flashing her skin and not the lovely outfit? Has that normal human tendency to flash new outfits disappeared? She wore my shimmering black Charles n Keith high heels that were very beautiful and made a statement. Nevertheless it made me wonder how she would have danced in those till 3 to 4 insane hours. But I always loved them.


“The party was obviously over and I was hungry” she replied. “Ohkey” I said “I thought you came back because of this intensive chocolate craving!” I closed this bottle of water in my hand. She rolled her eyes and turned away towards the sink to put the plate. The bare back was pretty prominent now. Plus the dress was pretty short. All that I could see was a thin strap of cloth of sufficient length. I didn’t like her wearing such minimal clothes. It wasn’t vulgar or cheap, neither am I against exposing or flaunting, but there is that perfect cut, that design, some style that is revealing but in all that elegance that sets a lady apart! I wondered how my grandma would react in case she sees her in such a dress and gave out a chuckle. She turned around sharply and suddenly shrieked.


*


I turned around to see my granny standing there right in front and it made me jump. It made me doubt whether she could read my thoughts.


“What on earth are you wearing Meera?” granny spoke.


I did not wish to get dragged into some kind of argument at midnight and started to walkout of the kitchen giving a little fake yawn. Somehow I stopped at the door and turned around. I didn’t possibly wish to miss the drama.


“You went out in such semi naked clothes? And is this the time you come home?” granny continued.


“Granny, we had this fresher’s party and I had to look good!” my cousin pleaded.

“You young girls look good by wearing such minimal clothes?? Is it?”


I stifled a giggle at this.


“What? Nope its that..” my cousin scared to protest but granny cut her off, saying, “Go to sleep Meera”


I immediately left since I was very sleepy, a little disappointed thinking granny ended this, but I knew it was to be continued the next morning. She would always make sure that the whole family was at the breakfast table by 8:30. I smiled myself thinking what was about to come and slept.

*

0 comments:

Post a Comment