Saturday, June 25, 2011

The Backless - Part 2

I got up at 8 in the morning and took a shower. I decided to wear very casual, the least baggy of all my outfits. Scanning carefully through my wardrobe I chose a pair of dark blue jeans and a simple round neck tee that fit me nice.

As I started climbing down the stairs, I could hear the voices and a few sounds from the breakfast table. Mamma, papa, kakosa, kakisa and granny were talking. I could hear some giggles too which told me that granny wasn’t that upset actually.

*

I could hear those very soft noises of spoons n forks against the plates, hot tea being poured from the kettle into the cups, stirring of tea. Tea had its own personality, very strong, independent, yet very pleasing as it poured out into the cup. The aroma of food was also so refreshing. I loved it when the smells of fresh fruits combined with that of hot sweet muffins! I loved listening to food!

I always loved these sounds and had this habit of waiting on the stairs for a minute to listen to them. This wasn’t the first time for sure and hence as Meera passed by me, she turned around to look at me and said, “Why do I always strangely see you standing here?” “What?? No! I mean I dint get you, whatever!” I said. I noticed Meera was covered from head to toe wearing dark black jeans, a tube top that almost reached her knees with a neckline deep enough to reveal her butterfly shaped pendant. She didn’t pay heed to my reply and wore a half sleeve black shrug that she was carrying along with her. She looked at me for a second and said, “Come jija” and walked off.

*

After everything was done and Meera and me were about to get up, granny all of a sudden said, “One moment girls” During the breakfast, she was busy talking so casually I had to force myself to believe that the incidents of the last night happened and they weren’t some dream. Now when she spoke these words, I felt like one half of me was telling the other, “See. This has actually happened. I told you!” Granny smiled and said, “It has been really long the store room has been touched. We need to go through and clear off the stuffs that we don’t want. So, see you girls in an hour.” Meera was clearly not happy about this but she didn’t retaliate and left reluctantly.

*

0 comments:

Post a Comment