Saturday, October 29, 2011

From Moments to Memories to Marriage Thoughts - III

“I can’t believe she fought with me for her loser boyfriend!” I said, disheartened.
“C’mon. you’ll do that too when you’ll have one.” she said to soothe me.
“I always support her. What is she doing?” I said in a pissed off manner. I couldn’t leave her and felt like calling her up and crying on the phone.
“Come” jija said.
“Nothing, you’re doing nothing but having an ice cream with me…come” she answered.
“What? I’m in a no mood to go eat an ice cream! What for?” I protested.
“To cool down your racing head” she dragged me.

Mid-way, I gave into the idea and after two mango dollies each, we didn’t care a damn about anything. Smiling and making promises, we parted to our respective homes.

I woke up and turned side ways. Recalling the dream, one ice cream was all it took to revitalize us.



*


And now is even a life partner enough? I smiled remembering how we had fallen on each other when needed. And now everything has changed after she got married. After a point it becomes awkward calling her all the time. And my issues would seem so petty to her, after all the responsibilities she’s bound to take care after her marriage. I always believed marriage to be a relationship based on undermining the past ones. Were the other relationships too? If yes, then what would be the ultimate, unchanging relationship?


*


There had been times I had been smitten by her, hated her, and started liking her again and then there were incidents where I’d decided I would love her forever. How typically I had fallen in love with her. And such a typical love-hate relationship we shared! Is that what love is, I wondered…If that was true, I tried to reason what was so special about marriage? What was the need of it at all? May be people got married because gradually all those who they fell back on got married.

I couldn’t help but wonder that if I had someone who would satisfy my emotional needs, would I ever tie the knot? Would anyone? Why was marriage so important? I felt my brain hurt and instantly longed for the days when decisions about things in life were simply a mere facsimile of the decisions of the person you looked up to for no particular reason.

2 comments:

Amogh said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Amogh said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Post a Comment