Saturday, October 29, 2011

From Moments to Memories to Marriage Thoughts - II

*


Tears rolled down my cheeks as Divya jija held me by my shoulder and asked,
“What happened ?”
“Marks” I replied, in the lowest volume. My head bowed down in shame.
“Arre its okay, Mamisa wont say anything. Jus say sorry and that you’ll work hard in the next term” she said, reassuringly.

I had barely survived to pass in the Maths exam when my other classmates managed to secure really good marks.

“But my other friends have done very well” I uttered, sobbing really hard. I saw my tears fall off and land on my grey pinafore. I desperately hoped for more reassuring words and as none came, I looked up.

She had this “why- the- hell- you- have- to- irrelevantly- compare- with- others” look on her face. As I kept looking, hoping she’ll say something, she just pressed her lips. My heart sank even more. I felt terrible about myself. I bid her goodbye and walked off. Once out of sight, I started walking fast out of nervousness. Somewhere down the road, as more water filled in my eyes, ready to flow, my vision blurred and I tripped on a stone and fell, bruising my elbow.

I woke up again. I chuckled at how silly I was. We all were, aint we? As I child, I felt such intense emotions on such small things. We lived completely in the moment. I slept off again and drifted away.

*

0 comments:

Post a Comment